These can be served as a dessert vanilla ice cream or just served salted as a snack. They’re delicious!
Fresh Chestnut Preparation for Roasting
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- With scoring or small sharp knife cut an “x” into the flat side of the chestnut
- Put on a slightly greased baking sheet for 20-30 minutes
- Chestnuts will be HOT when cooked
- Peel off the outer shell of nut
Then salt them or sprinkle with cinnamon or even saute with a little butter, cinnamon and sugar. It’s up to you!
Are you hooked? Join our farmer – High Rock Farms – at their SECOND ANNUAL CHESTNUT ROAST next Sunday… visit their site to order tickets and get details… www.high-rock-farm.org