During the past several weeks, you may have noticed Boxes with names on them, such as “Genevieve’s Box” or “Mallory’s Box.” These are Boxes custom created by some of our members to feature the produce they love. This week on the blog, we are sharing what Andria did with some of the produce from her Box.
“I LOVE to see just how many meals I can get out of my Produce Box and creating my own box was super fun. I was inspired by the Sweet Pepper Mix, Arugula and Tomatoes to make a delicious pasta recipe for dinner.” – Andria, Member of TPB
Here it is – try it and let us know what you think in the comments below!
Pasta with Argula, Sweet Peppers & Tomato
- 2-3 peppers
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic, divided
- 8 ounces tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 3 tablespoons champagne or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups loosely packed arugula
- shaved fresh Parmesan cheese to taste
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 15 minutes or until blackened. Place in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 10 minutes. Peel and cut into 1-inch strips.
3. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain.
4. Heat 1teaspoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1/4 teaspoon garlic; cook 30 seconds. Add bell peppers and tomatoes to pan; cook 4 minutes or until tomatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
5. Combine remaining 3/4 teaspoon garlic, vinegar, and next 5 ingredients (through black pepper) in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. The red pepper flakes are hot! So adjust to your family’s taste.
6. Add pasta and oil mixture to bell pepper mixture in pan; toss well to coat. Cool slightly. Stir in arugula. Top each serving with Parmesan cheese.