You guys are the ones who say it best! Here’s what our members have had to say about incorporating healthy, fresh, local, REAL food into their busy lives.
• Yesterday on the way to church we had mugs of warm crockpot apples (apples, cinnamon, water) over vanilla Greek yogurt. Yum!! That’s my kind of “fast (real) food”. – AMBER
• I have a baggie of Produce Box apples with my lunch today – CAIT • Just ate a salad with lettuce from last week and this week and cucumbers and radishes from this weeks box! Yummmmmmm – STACY
• I’ve been making lettuce wraps with the bok choy, eggplant, other veggies and either shrimp or chicken. Super tasty and the leftovers are great on top of brown rice for easy lunches/dinners. – JULIANNA
• Spaghetti casserole with peppers, field tomatoes, onions, and squash purée in the sauce. Salad with lots of greens. Watermelon. And for dessert crockpot apples over vanilla ice cream- yum! Made tomorrow’s dinner, too… Cheese chowder with red yellow & green peppers, zucchini, yellow squash, potatoes, onions, carrots, and celery. One of my family’s favorite healthy ways to eat a big bowl of veggies. – AMBER
• Last night we had a tomato chick pea soup with acorn squash, green pepper and zucchini- it was delish and my kids ate it up! Tonight we had grilled corn, zucchini and yellow squash with coastal red drum with a tomato, green pep- per and onion sauce. Once you go local, you’ll never go back! – CINDY
• Last night I sautéed baby bok choy with jumbo shrimp in a soy-lime-honey -ginger sauce and Thai noodles. Tonight we had corn on the cob with a mixture of roasted onions and summer squash. Tomorrow I’ll roast the eggplant and zucchini for caponatai. – LISA