As we move into the summer squashes, get ready for the wide array of ways they can be prepared. They are so versatile in the kitchen there is no reason you should get tired of them!
· Try a potato, squash and goat cheese gratin…great for breakfast or brunch!
· Try it in a curry.
· Make a summer salad with ribbons of zucchini. Use your veggie peeler to create the ribbons or mix finely diced summer squash into your next chopped salad.
· Add it to a pasta dish for an easy meal.
· Pair with a dipping sauce for a cold appetizer on your next crudité platter.
· Grate up and use in fritters.
· Squash boats can be a side or main dish and made with or without meat.
· Roast or grill it as “steaks” or add to kabobs.
· Make Zucchini Bread, cake or brownies.
· Dice or shred and add to risotto.
· Combine with corn in a sauté.
· Add finely diced zucchini to a frittata, omelet, or quiche.
· Use shredded zucchini in place of potatoes to make vegetable pancakes.
· Shred and add to blueberry muffins.
· Zucchini Pizza Bites – let the zucchini rounds serve as the “crust” and top with sauce and cheese.
· Make Squash Parmesan
· Shred and add to meatballs or meatloaf.
· Use it in a stir-fry.
· Prepare noodleless zucchini lasagna.
· Make a soup.